It was raining and cold in every northern state as we travelled across the continent this summer. We changed our direction and headed south. Our detour took us to the Grand Canyon.
Pictures can never express the vastness of the canyon.
There are no words that could adequately describe the vast canyon, created over millenium by something as soft and giving as water and as fluid as the wind.
We camped at the canyon. The setting sun whispered my name. She asked me to come at dawn for the awakening. I could not refuse the invitation. I set my alarm and woke up before the sun. Quietly rising, I grabbed a granola bar and a bottle of water. There was a quiet stillness in the air. We made our way along the path in silence. I felt as if I was waiting for something magical to happen. It was getting lighter and a few more people joined us in our silent vigil.
The sun did not disappoint us. The colours made more vivid with the glow from the rising sun. The views are magnificent. We walked for hours along the rim, unable to tear ourselves away.I wanted to go down into the canyon, to walk along the trails far below but had to settle for the rim trails. Maybe next time. I know there will be a next time.
- Grand Grand Canyon – Grand Canyon National Park, AZ (travelpod.com)
- Hiking the Grand Canyon (haikutravelers.com)
- Grand Canyon & Monument Valley – Grand Canyon National Park, AZ (travelpod.com)
- The grandest view with a bolt from the blue – Grand Canyon National Park, AZ (travelpod.com)
- The Grand Canyon Lives Outside of Time (powerofslow.wordpress.com)
- Ye Olde Grand Canyon – Grand Canyon National Park, AZ (travelpod.com)
- Three California Condors Chicks Hatch in Grand Canyon (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- Gawping at the Grand Canyon – Grand Canyon National Park, AZ (travelpod.com)
- GALLERY – Grand Canyon Tower by Mary Colter – 6 photos (pixiq.com)
- Names at the Grand Canyon (awitchylife.wordpress.com)
- grand canyon flight – Grand canyon south rim, United States (travelpod.com)
- My, What a Big Hole – Grand Canyon National Park, AZ (travelpod.com)
- Snapshot Saturday: Grand Canyon (awitchylife.wordpress.com)
- Who discovered the Grand Canyon (wiki.answers.com)