Why do I have strangers sitting on my kitchen counter?
My entry in this week’s “Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual.”
It all started in the bathroom. A little DIY project. The toilet would not stop running, an easy fix. The trouble began with the wrong size part. Too late to return it, the project will wait until morning, Hubby turned off the water, we try to conserve where we can.
After a good night’s sleep, I arose eager to start my fabulous Friday. In my morning fog, I wondered why my feet were wet. Skipping forward, and after much time using every available towel, the water in the bedroom, bathroom and hallway is somewhat cleaned up. You have already guessed that the toilet seal is broken and the water not completely turned off.
Time for breakfast. Disaster zone #2. More water in the kitchen. This is not good. The counter is a pool of water, as is the floor. Above the window there is a giant paint bubble holding a gallon of water. Inside the cupboards everything is floating.
We found more towels and began mopping and wringing. It was time to call the Co-Operators Insurance. Yep, the guys with the dash. Within the hour, we had a claims adjuster and an estimator from ServiceMaster at our door. They delivered the good news and the bad news. Yes, our insurance covers this disaster, but we have a $1,000 deductible, unless our damage is high enough to waive the deductible. (Is it OK to pray for a bigger repair bill?)
Before long the restoration crew arrived and set about their work. Their “destroy first and repair later” job. The kitchen cupboard had to be removed from the wall (gently).
The carpets in the bedroom ripped open and seven huge and very noisy fans and two very large dehumidifiers set in place. I am happy to report that they cleaned up as they went.
Look at the clock, that is 7:50pm, this has been an all day affair. Now we are in waiting mode… like watching the paint dry with a jet engine in the room. My head hurts.
Stay tuned for chapter two of DIY disaster rescue.
- Stranger In The House (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- Oh My! The kitchen is flooded! (cheapcheapme.wordpress.com)
- The Trouble with Bathrooms (publicinvestigation.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (fromundermanyhats.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Unusual (chittlechattle.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (judesphotography.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- WW10 Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (booksinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (dailypost.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (rutheh.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Unusual (thetaskmistress.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge : Unusual | Birthday….(cup) Cake (thoughtsunrestricted.wordpress.com)